If you go to the Aēsop site you will find the following quote, “we believe unequivocally that well-considered design improves our lives.”
When a company that mainly creates soaps has this statement on their site, it is clear that they are passionate about what they do.
Passion is a great first step, without it companies will struggle to gain traction in the market. However, much more is needed to have a successful, desirable, and well made product.
Aēsop has mastered the art of form-follows-function. The ingredients are all things you will recognize. The packaging is simple and highlights the products.
I use 4 Aēsop products daily. If it weren’t for my tireless pursuit of keep my skincare routine to a minimum I would use more their products.
Here are the 4 I use and why…
- “Amazing Face Cleanser”
- When using a face wash you do not want it to dry your skin out. However, you still want that nice foamy feeling. The three main ingredients are Mandarin Rind, Ylang Ylang, and Lavender Oil. The use of simple ingredients allows for this foamy feeling. The main reason I chose this face wash was for its oil control, since there is no worse feeling that having oily skin all day. Rinsing off the face wash leaves you feeling calm, refreshed and ready to tackle what lies ahead. It is a great foundation for a skincare routine and a comfortable way to start and end your day.
- “B & Tea Balancing Toner”
- I was never a fan of toner until a friend urged me to try it. It has the biggest impact on your skin in the shortest amount of time. After that first try I was a loyal supporter. I was searching for the best toner and got a sample when I ordered the “Amazing Face Cleanser” from Aēsop. After trying it, I adopted it into my routine. The three main ingredients are Sodium Gluconate, Panthenol, and Green Tea. It smells great, is not dehydrating to my skin, and does not leave any residue! This is a home-run.
- “Mandarin Facial Hydrating Cream”
- After I had both the “Amazing Face Cleanser” and the “B & Tea Balancing Toner” I had to complete the trifecta. This hydrating cream is the last thing I put on before I walk out the door in the morning and the last thing I put on before I go to bed at night. It leaves your skin feeling nurtured and fresh. If you were going to pick any of these products to try I would recommend starting with this one! The three main ingredients are Mandarin Rind, Lemon Rind, and Tangerine Rind. Your skin will thank you for the nourishment.
- “Resurrection Aromatique Hand Wash”
- I received this hand wash as a gift and it is truly the gift that keeps on giving. Every chance I get to wash my hands I do it. My hands never feel like they are dried out and always feel clean and refreshed. The three main ingredients are Mandarin Rind, Rosemary Leaf, and Cedar Atlas. It has a citrus and woody aroma. The hand wash is quick to lather up and easy to rinse off so you are not spending forever in front of the sink. This is the best hand wash out there in my opinion.
Alright, enough talking about soaps for now…